[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] fix mingw/faac linking

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Thu Sep 25 23:22:43 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Ramiro Polla <ramiro.polla at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Andrew Voznytsa
> <andrew.voznytsa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:38 PM, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
[...]
> Besides, I never got any problem with libfaac failing to link. What
> version are you using? Is it compiled with mingw as well?

Hmm... Apparently it was never trivial to install libfaac on MinGW.

The FFmpeg Windows Help website [0] was down for some time last month,
but now it's up again, and thanks to 45tripp the wiki is also back up.

These are the steps I wrote some (long) time ago:

tar zxfv faac-1.26.tar.gz
patch -p0 < faac-1.26.patch
cd faac
sh bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/mingw --enable-static --disable-shared
make LDFLAGS="-no-undefined"
make install

You need MSYS DTK for that (and possibly you have to update autotools
as well) because you must re-run bootstrap after patching. The patch
is attached here in case the website goes down again at some later
point in time.

Ramiro Polla
[0] http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.com/