[FFmpeg-devel] asm vs __asm__: revenge of the underscores

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes
Sun Sep 28 23:12:40 CEST 2008

"Roman V. Shaposhnik" <rvs at sun.com> writes:

> We are working on a providing a very robust support for GNU asm
> extensions in Sun Studio. asm vs. __asm__ is one of the issues
> that we will be addressing.

I'm not sure if it's "worth addressing", __asm__ seems a proper way to
remember that it's _not_ a C99 feature, as long as it works. I have seen
there are a lot of features that Sun Studio (at least the version I have
here) does not handle like GCC does but at least it seems to support the
basic syntax. I guess it's just a matter of working on it...

> It would be really nice if for this kind of work-in-progress you
> can try our Express builds of Sun Studio instead of Sun Studio 12:
>    http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/downloads/express/index.jsp
> You might be pleasantly surprised as to the level of GNUisms we
> try to support.

Oh nice I didn't know there was that, I'd love to take a look.. maybe if
it supports some of the extensions xine uses I might finally be able to
try building that too ;)

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Petten?
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/