[FFmpeg-devel] Fw: ffmpeg GPL violation

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Sep 29 09:06:13 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 08:54:24PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 06:12:12PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> > > So did Conceiva. "next week" for the first time. "a couple of weeks"
> > > two weeks later. "a couple of weeks" again two months later. I suggest
> > > we first add to Hall of Shame, then wait, and not the other way
> > > around...
> >
> > +1
>
> I think we can wait 10days and add them then when they havnt dealt with it.
> Of course we should not give them another week in case they have not.

I disagree.  There is no need to wait even a single day.  People are
perfectly aware that they are using copyrighted software and that there
are certain restrictions and regulations to obey.  Nobody can credibly
pretend not to know.

If people are to lazy to read the license, it's their fault.  There is
no need for us go out of our way to accomodate them.

Diego