[FFmpeg-devel] The fate of Fate

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Sep 29 22:53:15 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 01:17:57PM +0100, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 08:54 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > [Alex crawls out from under a rock.]
>
> You might be crawling, but I usually speak.

It is a common English phrase, nobody is insulting you.  To "crawl out
from under a rock" means to suddenly appear again after a long time.  We
have indeed not heard from you in a long time.

> > We'll make a note to just post a snide remark on ffmpeg-devel instead of
> > trying to contact you directly.  It's infinitely more effective.
>
> I cannot do anything against the brokeness of your mailing system.

Look, we have been trying to contact you for a long time and never heard
back from you.  The other day Attila, Mans and I were conferring over
IRC and seriously considered posting on the homepage to get somebody to
get in touch with you.

Then you react immediately to some random remark on this mailing list.
This is surprising to say the least.

Attila, Mans and I have separate mailing systems, we are available on
IRC, we have landline and mobile phones.  If you could not reach us in a
long time, more than a broken mailing system must be the cause.

> > > You are insane if you are writing things like the shotgun stuff.
> >
> > It seems you never saw Mans' T-shirt at LinuxTag.
>
> It seems.

It reads:

  I have a shotgun,
  a short temper
  and a raised floor
  in my server room...

  Do not trifle with me.

That's where the shotgun joke originated.

Diego