[FFmpeg-devel] DNS and stuff (was: Re: The fate of Fate)

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Tue Sep 30 14:51:31 CEST 2008

On Tuesday, 30 September 2008 at 13:06, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:39:15 +0100 (BST)
> M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
>
> > > We should start looking for a new domain and a new top-level domain.
> > > Hungary is not a workable solution.
> >
> > Agreed.  Any suggestions?  Unfortunately, mplayer[hq] has been taken
> > by domain squatters in most TLDs.
>
> I just send the holder of mplayerhq.org an offer over 0EUR for
> the domain explaining that they are misusing our name.
>
> Lets see how they respond.

Also, mplayerhq.eu is registered at some Italian registrar and has a web
redirector (www.mplayerhq.eu) to our current website. Maybe they would
be willing to part with the domain.

Regards,
R.