[FFmpeg-devel] rtsp/rdt streaming from bbc (was: ask for advie of doing Qualification task -- M95 Playback System)

Steven Woolley woobert
Wed Apr 1 18:42:31 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Steven Woolley <woobert at gmail.com> wrote:

> HI Ronald,
>
>> Is it streaming over UDP? I've been told the iPhone blocks UDP
>> traffick altogether. To force TCP, add a line "if (lower_transport !=
>> RTSP_LOWER_TRANSPORT_TCP) return 1;" at the top of
>> make_setup_request() in libavformat/rtsp.c, that will force TCP as
>> lower transport and should make any form of RTSP work on the iPhone.
>>

> Thanks for the suggestion... but it's still not working (so it's not just
> the UDP transport).

Oh, with TCP only it does eventually return with error code -1
from av_find_stream_info

So it's not blocking indefinately (which I think it is with UDP)... but
maybe I need to wait longer...
Steve