[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-user] Remuxing for the PS3

Christian Iversen chrivers
Fri Apr 3 21:59:57 CEST 2009

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Robert Swain <robert.swain at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Rather than arguing about whether it's on- or off-topic, why don't we
>> try to figure out what is wrong with ts muxing with regard to the
>> files being demuxed on the PS3? If it is insisted upon, this could
>> move back to FFmpeg-user.
>>
>> A good start would be to have a sample ts file or so that is (/are)
>> known to be working on a PS3 and a sample file that is known to be not
>> working on a PS3 and the attention of someone who knows something
>> about ts.
>
> The problem is that TS files created by FFmpeg are wildly out of
> spec.  What is needed is a complete rewrite of the TS muxer, which is
> not a simple task.

M?ns, thank you very, very much for clearing this up. This is the kind
of clear-cut reply I've been seeking. It really makes everything so much
simpler.

Now, is there anything I can do in terms of creating test cases,
producing correct vs. incorrect test files (with TSMuxer, for example),
or something else? I want to help, but I'm not sufficiently up to speed
with the ffmpeg codebase to completely rewrite the ts muxer, as it were.

--
Med venlig hilsen
Christian Iversen