[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code participation

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Sun Apr 5 22:41:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Thilo Borgmann
<thilo.borgmann at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer schrieb:
>> it would be nice to in addition see the diff between utils.c and
>> avpacket.c to make sure nothing was unintentionally changed
[..]
> A manual "diff -up" makes no sense to me as it shows a lot of lines hard to
> read... please tell me how to generate what you want to see.

One way to do it (spartanic, but works): diff -u old_file new_file,
and then basically just making sure that nothing changed with in the
AVPacket code, so:

@@ ...
- all these lines
- and so on
- bla bla bla

  typedef struct AVPacket {
      /* bla bla
@@ ... < - HERE - >
    int last_member_of_avpacket;
  } AVPacket;

- bla bla bla
- rest of file
- and so on

There should be nothing additionally changed (cosmetics, spaces,
typos, etc.) in the <- HERE -> part within the AVPacket struct
declaration (and the functions that you copied, etc.).

HTH,
Ronald