[FFmpeg-devel] Who is against GIT now?

Mike Melanson mike
Mon Apr 6 08:11:16 CEST 2009

Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> writes:
>>> If we switch to git, we can insert the old revision number in the
>>> commit message.  Searching commit messages is trivial with git.
>> How will FATE work if, hypothetically, we move to git?
> E.g. by downloading tarballs from gitweb?

Here's what I know about git-- that versions look something like:

(actual hashes from my FATE code repository). So what should the main
page of FATE report regarding the state of FFmpeg code? That version
6e6fc12c61446bfe8dff7ce3b50ebfe0b0835bc8 passed all tests but that
8e1f4d881f813d7d2c67656868f39b46a98d320d had problems?

     -Mike Melanson