[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code participation

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann
Wed Apr 8 01:29:18 CEST 2009

Michael Niedermayer schrieb:
>> ... what I already did here and you obviously don't like it,  in which way
>> would you think this should be done? Or maybe, I don't get your thoughts
>> right... please tell me.
> you have a AVPacket extract data & size pass that to a function and then
> build a new AVPacket, this seems messy
Which is why I proposed to introduce a "try_decode_frame2()" just like
we did for the decoding functions... see previous mails.

On the other hand, I agreed with Ronald who said that it is a static
function in this scope and therefore not part of any API. It's just a
little helper for av_find_stream_info...

Well ok, if you want me to provide a patch introducing a
try_decode_frame2(), I will do, just tell me.