[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC Qual VQA v3 : updated patch.

Jai Menon jmenon86
Mon Apr 13 18:40:21 CEST 2009

On 4/13/09, The Deep Explorer <thedeepexplorer at gmail.com> wrote:

>  > The patch consists of 95% cosmetics.  Nobody will want to review it.
>  >

> Can you please elaborate what is this cosmetics you are referring to ?

cosmetics are all non functional changes in you diff.

>  -static inline void vqa_debug(const char *format, ...) { }
>  +static inline void vqa_debug(const char *format, ...)
>  +{
>  +}
>
>  If you are talking of things like these, I did not do it :( , I used
>  the indent tool...I guess it did that , not me :(

You are expected to read the patch before submitting it here,

>  I wrote the vptr decode, the cbfz , modified the format80 ( though
>  this was just two lines)
>  and am catching the proper tags and all.
>
>  If you give me some definitive pointers, I am more than willing to
>  work and improve on it.

"working on it" also implies getting to know the vcs being used and
other stylistic aspects which make your code readable. You could look
at the other patches posted here eveyday and maybe even emulate that
if it helps.

--
Regards,

Jai