[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] WC3 decoder without AVPaletteControl

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Apr 14 17:22:55 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 01:26:33PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 12:19:07AM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > attached patch implements this.
> > It is a bit ugly because it adds a lot of seeking to the demuxer, but I
> > think for such a fringe format there is no point in extra work for avoiding it.
> > The patch also adds two helper functions, one to increase the size of a
> > packet and one that appends data read from a file to a possibly already
> > filled packet.
> > I expect that there will be more that a few bugs still, e.g. while the
> > video looks visually ok in ffplay the FATE regressions do not match at
> > all.
>
> A minor update. It only fixes the gamma correction and provides a
> fixed point integer-implementation, which might help explain some of
> its weirdness like clipping to 253.

Mike is ok with, any comments on the av_grow_packet/av_append_packet?
I don't like it much, but without such helper functions that buffer
management stuff is very tedious (and I am really confident that at
least idcin.c needs the same stuff).
I'm also happy of any suggestion that makes this kind of thing (merging
packets etc.) easier that does not require seeking.
The "use case" is this:
there is a tag, then a size field and then the data.
Multiple of these tag-size-data things should end up in one AVPacket.
The least horrible solution I found was:
read tag and size, seek back to tag and av_append_packet the whole tag,
size and data.