[FFmpeg-devel] GSOC update on the CDXL demuxer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Apr 14 20:19:21 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 02:09:36PM -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > the format has chunk size and previous chunk size, it has width&height&sample
> > rate per chunk, assuming these dont change you have a shitload of things you
> > can check
>
> It doesn't have sample rate. Palette size can change since it doesn't
> have to be there.

Hm, I just noticed the current demuxer doesn't handle that...
It might complicate things a bit for the video support.
Does anyone know if it's allowed to mix different encoding methods in a
CDXL file?

> All I can think of is matching w/h or prev size to
> current size, but that requires two packets, which is much more than
> the max probe size that we use right now. Chunks are >10kb. Probe size
> is 4kb, IIRC.

Probe size is whatever the application provides. 32kB for MPlayer,
FFmpeg I think increases probe size if it does not get a match but I do
not know the limit.
Anyone who wants could provide several GB of data for probing.