[FFmpeg-devel] Crash when receiving from an SDP

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Apr 20 08:31:42 CEST 2009

Hi all,

issue 981 on roundup shows a crash obtained when trying to receive RTP
audio and video by using an SDP description.
Basically, the problem is that libavformat tries to poll a non-existing
RTSP port... I think this bug was introduces when implementing
url_interrupt_cb() support for RTP over UDP.

The issue on roundup also contains a patch fixing the bug. I do not know
if this is the best solution (to start with, I do not understand why we
want to receive something on the RTSP port, if we are in the RTP over
UDP case...).
Any comments/remarks on the patch?

Since it is fixing a real bug, preventing a crash, I will apply the
patch in the next weekend if noone complains.

				Thanks,
					Luca