[FFmpeg-devel] Fw: Re: [issue986] Truemotion2 decoder - chroma issues

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Apr 23 22:02:14 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 09:34:29PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> As roundup is broken again, i forward my replies here, or more precissely
>> what i get back from the broken server.
>> Also id like to repeat my request for a volunteer to properly admin
>> and fix roundup. We _DO_ need one.
>> Also id like to ask luca to keep me informed about every single byte he
>> changes that could affect roundup!
>
> I probably tracked what happened, I'll spank tomorrow who messed up if that
> was the cause.
>

>> Currently my information about what is going on with roundup is exactly
>> zero. This is unacceptable
>
> I can give you root on the server.

I might accept that offer one day but not anytime soon as i simply dont
have the time to do anything with it ATM and the rule of thumb is
dont give access unless needed, so better if iam not root unless i actually
need it

>> The situation is that stuff breaks that worked in the past and then a
>> extreemly terse comment is appeareing from luca somewhere that he fixed
>> something.
>
> Usually I try to not do anything creative there.

thank you

> Sadly an associate of mine
> tried to experiment with plone (that required python 2.4) and mod_wsgi. He
> told me everything was working and I assumed that everything worked
> *unchanged* since roundup is supposed to work from python 2.3 to 2.5 (2.4
> included). Last time roundup got updated it seemed to work. Apparently the
> assumption doesn't hold and a recoding routine isn't working for python 2.4
> and is triggered only if you send emails with weird encoding so something
> equally unlikely, the exception seems to leave the filedb in a locked state
> and removing the .tmp made thing working today.

thanks for the info, and please keep posting such info to ffmpeg-dev
also this one likely should be reported to whoever is reponsible for the
code

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. -- Aristotle