[FFmpeg-devel] LATM BitStreamFilter

Paul Kendall paul
Wed Apr 29 10:21:06 CEST 2009

Can I ask why LATM is preferred as a bit stream filter rather than
as a decoder, or built into the AAC decoder, as ADTS is?

I have written an LATM bit stream filter which is used to remove LATM for
AAC decoding, but it cannot be tested with the ffmpeg application as that
applies bit stream filters after *encoding* data, not after decoding.

I don't see what a distinction is made between AAC in LATM and AAC with
ADTS!

Please, some enlightenment would be greatly appreciated so I know I'm
doing the right thing.

Cheers,
Paul