[FFmpeg-devel] Remove some optimizations from Makefile

ami_stuff ami_stuff
Sun Aug 2 17:32:03 CEST 2009

> > The problematic optimization is "-funswitch-loops". When I compile FFmpeg with this flag enabled
> > as a result:
> >
> > a) I get monstruary/slow binary generated for m68k.
> >
> > * libavcodec/dsputil.o + -03 flag -> 1,18MB
> > * libavcodec/dsputil.o + -O2 flag -> 306KB
>
> Size isn't everything.

I agree, as long as binary is faster, I don't care about size, bug when it's slower...

> > 2. GCC 3.4.0
>
> Who cares about that antediluvian version?

The problem is that someone may have GCC 3.4.0 only installed and compile FFmpeg with
it. As a result he will get broken FFmpeg executable.