[FFmpeg-devel] Remove some optimizations from Makefile

Måns Rullgård mans
Sun Aug 2 18:21:15 CEST 2009

ami_stuff <ami_stuff at o2.pl> writes:

>>> b) GCC 4.4.1 ICEs on "libavcodec/mpegvideo.o" because of
>>> "-funswitch-loops". Without this flag there is no ICE at all.
>
>> 4.4.1 works for me.
>
> I just found out that this ICE happens only with -m68060 flag (SVN-r18880).

Confirmed.

> Try this:
>
> OPTFLAGS=

Looks like you're using an old FFmpeg version.  That variable is no more.

>> > I agree, as long as binary is faster, I don't care about size, bug
>> > when it's slower...
>>
>> Are you measuring speed on real hardware this time?  Emulators don't count.
>
> I measured slowdown only on the emulator.

Please don't waste my time with emulators.  There is no point
whatsoever in running FFmpeg on an emulator.

> I have no real hardware here,

If you don't even have hardware, why do you care so much about this
obsolete architecture?

>> Have you reported the issue to gcc devs?  (Yeah, I know...)
>
> Yes, problem with ICE is reported.

Good.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd