[FFmpeg-devel] H.264 get profile level, SPS and PPS parameters in FFMPEG

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Aug 3 13:25:58 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 12:18:40PM +0200, Steve Jiekak wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I am writing a program which use FFmpeg and other api to stream H.264.
> I need to know the hexadecimal for the profile level, SPS and PPS parameters
> to construct
>  the component which is sending the data via RTP.
>
> I know there is an H264 structure in h264.h, that we can access to this
> structure with
> AVCodecContext ->priv_data (of course just when it is a h.264 format)
> but I don't know how\when to extract the data that I need.
>
> Wouldn't you mind to help me with that??

If the public API of lavc does not provide what you need you can either
suggest to extend the API or read the data out of the stream yourself
priv_data is off limits, you will likely curse the day you decided to
extract it from there

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber. -- Plato