[FFmpeg-devel] LPCM for mpeg-ts

Christian P. Schmidt schmidt
Mon Aug 3 23:49:09 CEST 2009

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 10:40:12AM +0300, Christian P. Schmidt wrote:
>> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>
>>> Here and in other places you could easily break overly long lines.
>> Please define overly long, in a number. I think 120-130 is ok since we
>> left the 1990s.
>
> 79/80
>
> And don't kid me with 1990s nonsense.  You may have noticed that newspaper
> columns did not get wider since then.  It's because our brains have not
> increased in processing to match growing display resolutions.

I noticed. I consider it a misfeature. You likely have noticed that book
pages are wider than newspaper columns, too. Anyway, my target is the
playback of LPCM not the development of ffmpeg, so I broke most of the
lines except a few where it wouldn't make sense.

>>> This is non-existing and should have caused a warning, which you must
>>> have ignored.
>> You could just have said "we changed that recently, update your
>> checkout". It compiled without warnings for me. Fixed.
>
> -Wundef only complains for #if, my bad.

What I meant to say was: the version of ffmpeg I worked on used the old
definition. And the #ifdef was a straight copy from the former revision
of pcm.c.

Christian