[FFmpeg-devel] [Bug] Problem on remuxing AVC in mkv to mp4, how to fix it?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Aug 6 01:01:49 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 12:46:08AM +0200, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 03:09:18PM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>
> I guess your reply wasn't intended only for me ?
>
> > On 8/4/2009 3:00 PM, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> >> This is already known as issue807 [1].

> >> IIRC the problem is that FFmpeg is missing a h264 parser that would
> >> generate dts for streams which don't have it.
> >
> > FFmpeg already has a h264_parser, it does not work with MKV bitstream
> > however.
>
> I know we have a h264_parser but AFAIK it is not able to generate any dts.
> Is Matroska the only format storing h264 without dts ?

nut doesnt store dts either, but nut defines how one can calculate dts from
pts and the decoder delay that is a mandatory syntax element in nut.
This is of course independant of the used codec so the codec id or bitstream
never has to be touched for it ...

Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony.
-- Heraclitus