[FFmpeg-devel] Is there any ffmpeg documentation translation project?

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Thu Aug 6 01:22:40 CEST 2009

On date Wednesday 2009-08-05 20:50:18 +0800, chenghan at ntu.edu.tw encoded:
> Hi ffmpeg-devel,
>
> Is there any ffmpeg documentation trnaslation project running? I would
> like to translate (at least) the "FFmpeg
> Documentation"(http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-doc.html) into traditional
> Chinese, which would be pretty beneficial for our local users.
>
> Do I need to contact anyone in charge, or I can just start the
> translation on my own? Thanks!

Hi, someone already is maintaining a Brazilian/Portuguese translation
of the man page, but that's managed completely outside of the FFmpeg
project, and so you could similarly, publishing for example the doc in
some website and keeping it synched whenever documentation is updated
here.

Or (yes that would be better), you could propose to add a Chinese man
page to the project and volunteer to maintain it, the problem with
this is that we lack some system to deal with more than one
language. You may find some ideas in how Mplayer manages all this, and
maybe propose something similar.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Free & Faboulous Multimedia Purposeless Easy Geek