[FFmpeg-devel] Contact information

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Aug 6 15:28:12 CEST 2009

Remember: No top-posting on this mailing list.

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 09:17:59AM -0400, Copes, Jeff wrote:
> To the product manager,

We have none.

> I would like to talk/correspond with someone about using ffmpeg in a
> commercial project. Can I open up a discussion with someone from your
> organization, please?

Get yourself informed about open source licensing and read the LGPL
version 2.1 and GPL version 2.  The license of FFmpeg depends on the
options you compiled it with.  I tried my best to explain it in the
LICENSE file.

You can use FFmpeg freely in compliance with its license.  There is no
alternative option.

Diego