[FFmpeg-devel] Channel layouts for aac encoding/decoding and vorbis decoding

Jason Tackaberry tack
Tue Aug 11 15:51:39 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 14:43 +0100, Robert Swain wrote:
> I should get the channel order stuff fixed in AAC shortly when we've
> decided what the orders from the AAC spec are supposed to mean in
> terms of the WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE layouts. And then I may do the same
> for Vorbis as well. Its layouts are quite simple.

That's great news!  Even if AAC encoding doesn't change, adapting AAC
and Vorbis decoding to the standardized layout will really simplify
MPlayer.

I'm happy to help with testing, of course.

Cheers,
Jason.