[FFmpeg-devel] Close Thread Handle in avcodec_thread_free

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Aug 12 15:27:03 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 01:31:40PM +0100, Shehzad Salim wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Shehzad Salim <shehzadsalim at gmail.com>wrote:
> > But it's handle never get's closed. Call to CloseHandle makes sure that it
> > is closed and now I don't have any more problems. Windows OS behaves very
> > badly once process handle count goes above 7 or 8 thousand.
> >
> > Please find enclosed patch for w32thread.c
>
> Is there anything else I need to do regarding this patch, so that it is
> committed.
> This patch surely does fix Thread Handle leak issue. It is not very big
> patch as well.

I was hoping someone who actually is using Windows would speak up or something.
Well, I just applied it now, tell me if there are any issues with it (I admit
I did not actually test it).