[FFmpeg-devel] add AVSEEK_FLAG_FRAME

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Aug 16 01:32:06 CEST 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 02:33:36PM +0200, Ivan Schreter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 07:31:39PM +0200, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
>>
>>> The doxy comment of avformat_seek_file() document a AVSEEK_FLAG_FRAME
>>> value which is not defined anywhere. Attached patch fixes this.
>>>

>> probably ok
>>

> What is missing, is the actual implementation.

yep ...

> Maybe a generic implementation by computing a timestamp based on frame rate
> would be appropriate in avformat_seek_file?

doesnt work, we need the filepos based seeking for formats like MPEG-PS/TS
that have timestamp discontinuities and thus no reliable seeking per
timestamp (one of course can seek based on guessing about the discontinuities
but filepos is the well defined alternative if the user dislikes our, to be
implemented guessing)

No human being will ever know the Truth, for even if they happen to say it
by chance, they would not even known they had done so. -- Xenophanes