[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Support swscale output in different endianess.

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Sun Aug 23 23:02:36 CEST 2009

Hi,

Swscale currently supports output in some different endianess pixel
formats (like GRAY16LE and GRAY16BE), but not others (like
PIX_FMT_RGB32_1 and PIX_FMT_BGR32_1, and all the 555, 565, etc
variants).

Some conversions just plain fail (like PIX_FMT_RGB32_1 to
PIX_FMT_RGB32), and others go through a complete filtering process for
an unscaled conversion (like PIX_FMT_RGB32 to PIX_FMT_RGB32_1).

By using templates like yuv2yuvX16inC_template it's possible to
support them all, but that would increase object file size.

Should we try to support them all? (my opinion is yes)

Ramiro Polla