[FFmpeg-devel] Additional RTSP issues

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Aug 25 16:16:28 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 09:57:37AM -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Stas Oskin<stas.oskin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Maybe we can think of another way to specify this parameter?
>
> Well yes this whole options-via-URI is stupid-as-hell. We shouldn't
> touch the URI, period. Maybe add an char **options or so as an extra
> argument? AVOptions integration in demuxers? I don't know. Any of the
> real API heroes wants to give opinions?

AVOptions are "integrated" with demuxers already, what is the problem?
if the target is a demuxer it should be easy to pass options, OTOH
its maybe more tricky with a protocol instead of a demuxer ...

If a bugfix only changes things apparently unrelated to the bug with no
further explanation, that is a good sign that the bugfix is wrong.