[FFmpeg-devel] utils.c patch to avoid divide by zero

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Aug 26 16:46:52 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 09:51:06AM -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:04 AM, Michael Niedermayer<michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > your patch is mangled besides, how and where does this bug happen
> > i dont think the solution suggested in your patch is correct but i
> > first need to know what the exact issue is
>
> If this is the same as what I think it is, then it's triggered by
> RTSP. I've emailed Luca & Luca about fixing it in rtsp.c (another bug)
> but we haven't agreed on a solution yet. The bug occurs for any audio
> stream with an unknown payload / codecID.

The way i see it from what i know is that we have a duration that is known
in a timebase that is not known (aka pretty useless)
is there some point in supporting this combination? (also might make apps
more complex dealing with simmilar ==0 checks)
?
if we do want to support providing the user with a duration without
being able to provide a hint about the units in which that is then of
course we could add such != 0 checks ...
i just thought that more likely are bugs elsewhere ...

-- Albert Einstein