[FFmpeg-devel] utils.c patch to avoid divide by zero

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Aug 27 15:43:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Frank Barchard<fbarchard at google.com> wrote:
> ..which I guess makes it harder for people to fix their bugs. ?hmmm.
> So maybe add an assert for debug builds, followed by graceful failure
> in release?

I think it's a bad idea, you're hiding real bugs, and creating new
ones along the line ("why did my FPS show wrong in the preferences
window?") which may be harder to track because we don't really pay
attention to them as much. A generic solution would be to make
av_find_stream_info() fail if no timebase is set.

Ronald