[FFmpeg-devel] Video playback on iPhone

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Mon Feb 2 22:57:01 CET 2009

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

> Hi Aurel,
>
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Aurelien Jacobs <aurel at gnuage.org> wrote:
> > Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> >>
> >> Did anyone contact them? I can give it a try later today if nobody has yet.
> >
> > I did, at the time I posted issue766. I had an answer. They were willing to
> > fix the situation and to comply to the LGPL, but stated that it would certainly
> > take them quite some time. I haven't seen anything happening since then.
>
> In my experience, it's boilerplate template for "we don't want to fix
> it, go away" and "it's solved until the next time they complain".

It didn't sound like this to me. But I don't really have much experience
about dealing with such issues.

> Do you have contact info and details on who you spoke to and what was
> agreed?

My contact was  Luc JULIA <julia at orb.com>
Unfortunately he answered me in french, so it wouldn't be much useful
to forward his response (and I'm not motivated right now to translate it).
He said they would try their best to comply with our license, and he
expected to make a new release end of January... (delay was due to their
QA, etc...)
They at least now officially acknowledge that they use FFmpeg:
http://www.orb.com/iphone/info/info.html
(Yeah, wrong URL and wrong license version)

Aurel