[FFmpeg-devel] Build problem (on Os X)

Art Clarke aclarke
Wed Feb 4 21:32:13 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 11:34 AM, David Conrad <lessen42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> More details? Putting dispatch_tab_* in .rodata works fine for me here on
> x86_64 (as attached, obviously not a final solution), tested with converting
> h.264/mpeg4 + aac/vorbis to mpeg4 + mp2/vorbis. (yasm 0.7.2.2153)

Sure.  Pilot error :)  Specifically I tried putting stuff in .data not
.rodata.  Putting the lookup tables in .rodata does work.

I submitted a patch (much more localized patch than David's submitted
patch) that assigns the specific problem lookup table to .rodata here:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-February/061286.html

And I ran tests on Mac and Linux and everything seems now fixed with
Yasm compilation.

- Art

--
http://www.xuggle.com/
xu?ggle (z?' gl) v. To freely encode, decode, and experience audio and video.

Use Xuggle to get the power of FFMPEG in Java.