[FFmpeg-devel] VC-1 interlaced stream support

Stephen Warren swarren
Sat Feb 7 05:28:50 CET 2009

I'd like to perform some testing of interlaced streams using ffmpeg/MPlayer
and VDPAU. However, I believe that ffmpeg will currently refuse to decode
any interlaced VC-1 streams because they aren't supported.

My question is: Which parts of interlaced streams aren't supported. Is it
just the actual pixel manipulations (IDCT, MoCo, ...) that are missing, or
are parts of surface management and/or picture/field header parsing missing
too?

I'm hoping that since with VDPAU all the low-level bitstream parsing and
actual decode work is performed by VDPAU and not ffmpeg, I should be able to
persuade ffmpeg to hand off the frames easily.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

--
nvpublic