[FFmpeg-devel] Longevity Test Report

Mike Melanson mike
Sun Feb 8 06:25:27 CET 2009

Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Hi, can you try running the file with this patch. Use ffmpeg ... >log.txt

Unfortunately, I can't use my original command with the patch because my
original command (file with H.264/AAC):

ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -f framecrc - > /dev/null

competes with your command for the stdout (at the very least they step
on each other). So I went with this solution instead:

ln -s /dev/null null.y4m
ffmpeg -y -i file.mp4 null.y4m

... no memory leak. Further, no memory leak when isolating the codecs
like this:

ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -an -f framecrc - > /dev/null
ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -vn -f framecrc - > /dev/null

So now I'm more confused than before. Maybe a leak in the demux
subsystem when it has to demux more than one stream? One more test for
good measure:

ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -vcodec rawvideo -acodec pcm_s16le -y out.avi

leaks as bad as the original problem.

--
     -Mike Melanson