[FFmpeg-devel] Longevity Test Report

Mike Melanson mike
Sun Feb 8 06:54:10 CET 2009

Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Mike Melanson wrote:
>> Benjamin Larsson wrote:
>>> Hi, can you try running the file with this patch. Use ffmpeg ... >log.txt
>> Unfortunately, I can't use my original command with the patch because my
>> original command (file with H.264/AAC):
>>
>> ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -f framecrc - > /dev/null
>>
>> competes with your command for the stdout (at the very least they step
>> on each other). So I went with this solution instead:
>
> Can you change stdout to stderr in the patch ?

Probably. But I went and used it as is and just picked the data out of
the framecrc data. It didn't tell me anything useful since there was so
much information. I would have to process through some other tools to
get anything out of it.

> Interesting does it leak with -vcodec copy ? or -acodec copy ?

These leak, though the leak is barely noticeable since they finish so
quickly:

ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy out.mp4
ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -vcodec copy -an out.mp4

--
     -Mike Melanson