[FFmpeg-devel] [RELEASE] freeze

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Feb 9 18:04:13 CET 2009

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 04:28:44PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

>> > Please no pointless discussions at this point.
>> It's not really fair to have one person (that would be you) dictated
>> the actions of all others.
> Nobody else volunteered to be release manager.

Nobody else wanted a release that badly.

> I told beforehand what I would do.

So you make an announcement that you intend to do this or that, and
then refuse to discuss it.  I don't consider that polite.

> It's a little late to complain now.

You never gave people a chance to complain.

> But I don't really care.

That attitude really drives me mad.  You start dictating how others
should work, and when they complain you refuse to listen.

> It takes less time to find out the result of this experiment than to
> discuss all its details beforehand.

The result will be that people will insist on using the "release"
rather than something that actually works.

> You are most welcome to lead the next release effort.

You know I won't.  Releases are pointless.

>> If people want the kind of "release" this will result in, a much
>> simpler solution is to set up a bi-weekly cron job creating tarball of
>> HEAD from two weeks prior.  Really, it achieves the same thing.
> Stop trying to drag me into pointless discussions please.

If you reply sensibly it won't be pointless.  The choice is yours.

M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com