[FFmpeg-devel] Rename [vdpau|xvmc]video.c --> [vdpau|xvmc].c

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev
Tue Feb 10 17:41:27 CET 2009

On 2/10/09, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:
>
>> Let's fix some of the structure of the hardware acceleration APIs.
>> One thing are the file names, which are not very useful.  I propose
>>
>> vdpauvideo.c --> vdpau.c
>> xvmcvideo.c  --> xvmc.c
>
> I second that.  XVMC and VDPAU are both exclusively for video.

They are named towards mpegvideo*.c files that contain alternative
definitions of common routines for decoding video formats.
Renaming them in such plane way would indicate that xvmc implements
some kind of video/audio formats.

Better name could be mpegvideo_xvmc.c,
however vdpau contains more stuff than that.