[FFmpeg-devel] Rename [vdpau|xvmc]video.c --> [vdpau|xvmc].c

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev
Tue Feb 10 18:31:27 CET 2009

On 2/10/09, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
> Ivan Kalvachev <ikalvachev at gmail.com> writes:

>>> I second that.  XVMC and VDPAU are both exclusively for video.
>>
>> They are named towards mpegvideo*.c files that contain alternative
>> definitions of common routines for decoding video formats.
>> Renaming them in such plane way would indicate that xvmc implements
>> some kind of video/audio formats.
>>
>> Better name could be mpegvideo_xvmc.c,
>> however vdpau contains more stuff than that.
>
> We have mpegvideo.c and mpegaudio.c.  We do not have h264video.c or
> vp6video.c.  The reason is that the MPEG specs include both video and
> audio formats, whereas H.264 and VP6 do not.  If something *only*
> handles video, there is no need to mention this in the file name.

You just made that up.
mpeg12.c decodes mpeg video.

Obviously if I say sun rises from east, you'll find a way to prove me wrong.
"Now please stop trolling, and get back to coding, which you do very well."

Diego's change is not acceptable and is rejected.