[FFmpeg-devel] gcc 2.95.3 support plan

Mike Melanson mike
Wed Feb 11 05:27:21 CET 2009

Hi,

r17059 (ASM optimizations by Loren) broke compilation on x86_32/gcc 2.95.3:

/home/fate/fate32/source/libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c: In function
`add_hfyu_median_prediction_cmov':
/home/fate/fate32/source/libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:580: more than 10
operands in `asm'

I propose several options:

1. declare the configuration unsupported as of now and I remove the
configuration from FATE

2. declare the configuration supported, but without optimizations, and
I'll adjust FATE to build it with '--disable-mmx' (I just checked and
this builds and passes regressions)

3. revert 17059 for now, declare that the upcoming release is the last
one that will support the full configuration, and then re-apply Loren's
optimizations; then declare either 1 or 2

Which shall it be?

--
     -Mike Melanson