[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] get rid of h264_vdpau codec

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne
Thu Feb 12 22:34:28 CET 2009

Hi,

Le 12 f?vr. 09 ? 20:40, Reimar D?ffinger a ?crit :

> but one advantage would certainly be, that the user no longer would
> have to
> explicitly select a different codec but simply could do e.g. -vo vdpau
> and get the best thing available.

That's indeed even simpler than my -va hwaccel proposal. However, your
patch will prefer the non-accelerated codec for VOs that implement
that case. i.e. it probably would be better to add the accelerated
pix_fmt first. But for non-accelerated outputs, the default
get_format() will only get the first pix_fmt[]. In my local tree, I
have added an IS_VDPAU_PIX_FMT() macro to filter out accelerated
pix_fmts in that function.

(BTW, you'd also need my patch for vd_ffmpeg as this code will
actually crash for H.264)

Regards,
Gwenole.