[FFmpeg-devel] Roundup being migrated

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sat Feb 14 00:32:59 CET 2009

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:11:34PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> i didnt say you are incompetent, rather someone clearly is.
>> Well IF I had moved everything when I started setting it up on the other
>> site and IF I hadn't wait to the last to make the switch probably you
>> wouldn't notice the issue at all... Well I got sidetracked by real life
>> commitments this week =|
>>> how much data would be lost? if its just a few entries someone could copy
>>> and paste them from the ML / resend
>> The current update state of roundup is the following:
>> - the website part of roundup has been setup by Feb 3 (including db
>> dump), here is my fault not automatically syncing it from that time...
>> - the mail integration hadn't been done yet but I could get it working
>> tomorrow for sure.
>> - roundup is currently live and usable from web
> so people can add new bug reports?

Shouldn't since the mail gateway isn't configured yet it but I'll lock
it now to be sure.

> if so what will happen when you again get access to the old db? can it be
> merged in at all?

I should be possible to merge it but since there are just 115 messages
and we have it in email I'll try to get them in somehow.

> It is VERY important that issue numbers do not change from what they where
> before, besides the confusion, any reply to an old issue via mail/ML will
> let hell loose if the issue numbers changed ..

> IMO the most important thing now is to avoid further damage. And i do not
> think roundup can easyily be put back online before all past data has
> been included be that via getting access to the db or via manually reentering
> issues

I'll lock it down now, I'll try to recover everything from the mailing
list or from the db tomorrow. Hopefully by tomorrow morning we'll have
it back.

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member
Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC