[FFmpeg-devel] incoming clean up and diskspace

compn tempn
Sat Feb 14 23:00:30 CET 2009

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 22:31:24 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 04:06:58PM -0500, compn wrote:

>> >Removed.
>> >
>> >I don't remember why I put it there in the first place, and if I happen
>> >to find or remember why later, I can always reupload...with a text file
>> >next time. :)
>>
>> i propose we make every roundup dev review each issue he fixed
>> and note if he wants the sample file kept or deleted.
>
>id like to keep all files for issues i fixed unless they are really big
>its like keeping all issues themselfs or keeping all commits, its part
>of the history and its hard to predict what will never b needed again

i'm not saying they must be kept or deleted. this is a good
explanation of why incoming looks good to devs (files are easily
found) and bad to root (incoming will use more space than we have if
nothing is done).

>maybe finding a place different from mphq for it might solve this?
>incoming does not need the high reliability of mphq and the work
>needed for some suggestions here is just in no relation to the gain,
>i mean if someone wants to go over the files or his files thats fine
>but asking every dev to go over every file in every issue he fixed is
>asking devs to do alot of work while its not clear what the gain would
>be.

+1

>PS: iam not against asking devs to mention if they want to keep a sample
>when they close an issue but going over all past issues is just too
>much work, its better if people fix more issues ...

+1

-compn