[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg.org clean up

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Feb 15 02:14:56 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 12:25:45AM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
> 2009/2/15 Stefan Gehrer <stefan.gehrer at gmx.de>:
> > Robert Swain wrote:
> >> Hello everyone,
> >>
> >> I realise we're in the thick of a duel, but I spent my day working on
> >> ffmpeg.org. I'm fed up of it being disorganised and ugly and have been
> >> for a long time. My web development skills aren't the best and I
> >> haven't touched any for a couple of years or so.
> >>
> >> Anyway, I reorganised the pages a little into sections and
> >> subsections, made all pages XHTML 1.0 Strict compliant and
> >> consequently added a little CSS for centering. Would this update be
> >> welcome?
> >
> > I would welcome it and also have one small wish:
> > If there is any CSS coming in, I would really like to see the site
> > setting a font without serifs. That IMHO looks much clearer.
> >
> > BODY { font-family: sans-serif; }
> Sure, I can add that. The CSS will be easy enough to edit anyway. I
> may play around with colours and stuff tomorrow, else do the more
> important work of cleaning up the content that is on the site.

one request from me as well
the page should still display sanely if the browser doesnt support CSS

Old school: Use the lowest level language in which you can solve the problem
New school: Use the highest level language in which the latest supercomputer
            can solve the problem without the user falling asleep waiting.