[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] RM demuxer should be rewritten

Kostya kostya.shishkov
Sun Feb 15 21:53:41 CET 2009

Here are the point that don't suit me in current RM demuxer:
1. AAC handling in -an mode (cannot be fixed without codec-
specific hack)
2. Metadata is just declared as another data stream and nothing
is done with it (hi, Aurel!)
3. Multirate file handling is still broken

None of this is easy to fix with current demuxer so I suggest
rewriting that hacky thing from scratch (with documenting all
that stuff first). I even offer myself for doing this.

What do you all think?

P.S. Also I think it would be nice to handle byteswapped AC3
in decoder since equally brainless people put it this way also
in .WAV IIRC.