[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] RM demuxer should be rewritten

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Feb 15 21:46:33 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 10:53:41PM +0200, Kostya wrote:
> Here are the point that don't suit me in current RM demuxer:
> 1. AAC handling in -an mode (cannot be fixed without codec-
> specific hack)
> 2. Metadata is just declared as another data stream and nothing
> is done with it (hi, Aurel!)
> 3. Multirate file handling is still broken
>
> None of this is easy to fix with current demuxer so I suggest
> rewriting that hacky thing from scratch (with documenting all
> that stuff first). I even offer myself for doing this.
>
> What do you all think?

i think
* it should be done in svn, so people can do teamwork, but it
  should stay disabled until its done and passes review
* To pass review it _must_ be less lines of code/bytes than
  the current demxuer. It also must not be worse in any other
  major aspect (minor regressions are a different issue)

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber. -- Plato