[FFmpeg-devel] Reorganisation of incoming/samples collection

compn tempn
Mon Feb 16 03:08:15 CET 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 02:07:02 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 01:43:17AM +0100, Ivo wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have used the bug-fixing weekend to continue my work on our samples
>> collection. Current state of affairs:
>> * Except for 14 files I will have to inspect closer and change my script to
>> handle them, ALL files from 2002-2007 and those of 2008 in incoming I
>> already moved before Michael asked me to leave symlinks in place, are now
>> archived at:
>> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/archive

oh wow thats nice being able to quickly check by codec or container.
great job!!

>> What now?
>> I need HELP from everybody that has some time to kill. Basically, all files
>> in the new archive need to be checked:
>> * Has accompanying text file?
>> 	* yes: read it, check if the problem still exists
>> 		* if so, add appropriate issue to roundup or bugzilla (MPlayer)
>> 		  and make note[*]
>> 		* if not, make note[*]
>> 	* no: check if the file has some obvious issues with either ffmpeg, ffplay,
>> 		mplayer or mencoder.
>> 		* if so, add isse to roundup/bugzilla and make note[*]
>> 		* if not, make note[*]
>> [*] send notes to me! things to note: filename --> issue/bug number or
>> filename --> no issues. With this information, I can add the issue number
>> to the filename and rebuild the symlinks correctly. If you start working on
>> a certain directory, it's preferable if you coordinate it with me to avoid
>> other people duplicating your work. Also, send your notes quickly, even if
>> they are incomplete, to further reduce the risk of wasting time by
>> duplicating work of others.
>do you want a ML for incoming/ coordination and work? could also be used as
>dst for some scripts output ...

a list would also solve the problem of notifying users when their file
is fixed, they could just search the ML archive!

>> Upload rules:
>> * name accompanying text files EXACTLY the same as the media file, except
>>   for the .txt extension (REPLACE the media file extension)
>> * name logfiles <basename>.log
>> * if there are several (long) log files, you can targz, tarbz2, rar or
>>   (7)zip them together (e.g. <basename>.tar.bz2)
>> * use lowercase extensions! (.mpg and not .MPG)
>> * if there are accompanying bmp, png, jpeg, whatever, images that show, for
>>   example, certain frame artifacts, tar, zip, whatever, them too and give
>>   the file an identical filename (except for the extension)

some of this could be scripted. rename text files to copy video
filenames and making extensions lowercase should be easy, right?