[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg.org clean up

Robert Swain robert.swain
Wed Feb 18 23:43:26 CET 2009

2009/2/18 Aurelien Jacobs <aurel at gnuage.org>:
> Robert Swain wrote:
>> 2009/2/15 Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx>:
>> > Thanks for working on this. I'm the last person who volunteered to
>> > overhaul the website.
>>
>> Yes, that was a mostly random post to choose to respond to but I
>> though it looked nicer than many of the others. :)
>>
>> Here's where I'm at:
>>
>> http://www.swains.plus.com/superdump/ffmpeg/ideas/screen-capture-19.png
>>
>> Apart from bugs, I don't really want to try to tweak it too much
>> further. With the climate of constraints on what can and can't be
>> done, the site will have to remain simple and hopefully you'll think
>> this both looks nice and is clean.
>>
>> Let me know what you think.
>
> It is clean, simple and nice ! I like it.

Good, I'm glad. That was the aim.

> The only thing which looks slightly strange is the mix between serif and
> sans-serif. I'm not sure what to think about it. At least the menu should
> use sans-serif I think.

This was actually an intentional recommendation from the guy who did
http://handbrake.fr/ and I sneaked it in there to see if anyone would
notice. I expected people would but I thought I'd try it to see what
it looked like.

I don't really like the logo font by the way. Or its size relative to
the zigzag. I'm not sure what to go about it but maybe I'll think of
something.

> Anyway, good job !

Thanks.

Regards,