[FFmpeg-devel] Remove force of largefile defines in common.mak

Måns Rullgård mans
Thu Feb 19 16:02:43 CET 2009

Hans-Christian Egtvedt <hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I've had a quick discussion of this on mplayer-dev-eng, but they sync
> their common.mak with common.mak from FFmpeg.
> The problem I encounter is that CFLAGS is forced to contain
> common.mak:21
> On uClibc it results in an #error if the user specifies
> _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 and largefile support is not enabled.
> Could these defines be removed from common.nak?
> Or could largefile support be detected by configure, or a switch to the
> configure script?

They could be moved to a check_cflags call in configure.  We were
simply unaware they could be a cause of trouble.

> Or must FFmpeg have largefile support enable to compile and run?

Not at all, although many uses will require it, which is why we enable

M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com