[FFmpeg-devel] Netgem

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Feb 21 13:21:40 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 12:49:40PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:17:52AM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > A patch for asf-crypt.
>
> Not really, it just adds hooks for some custom DRM system (probably
> licensed from Microsoft, so they probably are not allowed to just pass
> the key to FFmpeg, though we also do not export the DRM header content
> that is needed to calculate the key).

maybe this is a violaton of 2d
more precissely:
d) If a facility in the modified Library refers to a function or a
    table of data to be supplied by an application program that uses
    the facility, other than as an argument passed when the facility
    is invoked, then you must make a good faith effort to ensure that,
    in the event an application does not supply such function or
    table, the facility still operates, and performs whatever part of
    its purpose remains meaningful.

    (For example, a function in a library to compute square roots has
    a purpose that is entirely well-defined independent of the
    application.  Therefore, Subsection 2d requires that any
    application-supplied function or table used by this function must
    be optional: if the application does not supply it, the square
    root function must still compute square roots.)

and IANAL

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
-- Aristotle