[FFmpeg-devel] basic DCT question

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Feb 23 19:11:34 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 09:23:46AM -0800, Roman V. Shaposhnik wrote:
> Guys,
>
> the following is probably going to show just how clueless
> I am (still! :-() in the magic of DCT, but I have to ask it
> anyway.

The dct algrithm is selected by the user though the command line argument
of matching name.
the regression tests should/do not use dct algos that differ between
achitectures, like the auto variant that selects the best, instead they
use a plain ISO C one.

He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know. -- Lao Tsu